CALL US 323-388-4855
CE Bathtub Refinishing
A Tub & Tile Reglazing Service
Calamus Enterprises, LLC (CE Bathtub Refinishing ℠ is servicemark operated by Calamus Enterprises Llc) Service Agreement –Terms – Conditions – Disclosures
This is a service request contract between Calamus Enterprises, LLC (“Company”) and the undersigned Customer. The following terms and conditions apply to the provision of services by the Company to Customer during the term of this Agreement:
1. Payment: Payment is due and payable the day the job is completed. We accept checks, cash, bank checks, money orders, Visa, and Master Cards. There is a $50 returned check fee. Make checks payable to Calamus Enterprises, LLC. Final payment acknowledges Customer’s acceptance of the work and inspection for quality of workmanship. Any payment not made when due will carry interest at the rate of 18% (eighteen percent) per annum from the date said payment becomes past due. The prevailing party in any litigation arising out of non-payment of work performed under this Agreement will be entitled to all expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) in connection with such litigation, and Calamus Enterprises, LLC is otherwise entitled to recovery from the undersigned Customer all reasonable attorneys fees and expenses it incurs in attempts to collect any past-due sums from Customer or its guarantor(s) arising from this agreement.
2. Scheduling: Customer’s credit card is required to schedule work. Nothing will be charged on your card at the time of the scheduling. Customer may pay with cash or check at time of service. If the Customer does not leave cash or check before the Company’s technician leaves the property, the Customer’s card will be charged. In addition, there will be assessed 3% service and processing fee charged for all credit card payments.
3. Site Preparation: Customer is responsible for cleaning the area, including the walls and ceilings, before the Company technician’s arrival. This will reduce the chance of anything landing in the finished coating. Please remove all loose items from room (i.e. pictures, rugs, toiletries, and curtains). Customer is responsible for the cost to remove (repair) any foreign object or excess dust that lands on finished surface after the job has been completed.
4. Paint & Wallpaper: Protective masking paper and plastic film is used to protect the walls and ceilings from overspray. Masking tape or light tack (i.e. blue painters tape) is used to adhere the paper/plastic to walls and ceilings. Customer is responsible for removing all of the masking paper and tape from the walls at least 24 hours after completion of the refinishing project. Please, take your time and be careful when removing any masking paper/plastic and tape. The Company is not responsible for paint or wallpaper that may peel from the walls and ceilings during the removal of the makings material.
5. Plumbing: Company technicians are not licensed plumbers, but may be required to remove handles, overflow covers or any other plumbing hardware in order to apply our product properly. If the technician cannot remove the hardware, the technician will mask off the area to protect against overspray in order to continue the refinishing process. Customer is responsible for replacing all plumbing hardware removed by the technician. Please locate and repair any water leaks prior to our arrival.
6. WARRANTY PERIOD: (10) TEN YEARS. We warrant the surface of bathtubs and wall tiles reglazed by us in the owner occupied housing for a period of 10 years from the date of work, provided the Customer has maintained the surface as recommended by the Company. However, non-payment of any portion of the monetary amount due for the work shall void this warranty. During the first two years repairs due to defects in materials or workmanship will be made free of charge. During the balance of the warranty period there will be a charge of 50% of the cost for the required service. Said repairs to defects in material or workmanship are the sole remedy available to Customer pursuant to the Warranty, which specifically excludes liability for any monetary damages arising from any defects in material or workmanship. Neither party shall be liable to the other for monetary damages of any type, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with this agreement or work performed thereunder. Any scratching, deterioration of the glossy finish or staining over time due to usage, cleaning practices or water conditions will be considered to be normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear is not covered under this Warranty.
We cannot prevent dust from settling onto the newly refinished surface, as we are not working in a 100% dust free environment. Regular cleaning will remove or make the dust particles less noticeable.
DO NOT PICK OR TRY TO REMOVE PARTICLES AS THIS MAY DAMAGE THE SURFACE.
If a slip resistant surface is installed, please use caution when entering and exiting your tub or shower. The Company is not responsible for accidents. Tubs with corrosion or rust problems will be repaired to the best of our ability. It is impossible to cover against any future corrosion or rust problems that may occur.
There is no guarantee that a color selected by the customer for a refinishing project will match the color of existing fixtures. (i.e. toilet, sink) Countertop coverage does not include laminate lifting off the substrate or backsplashes separating from the countertop. Due to the composition of the multi-speck material, final application pattern may not match sample exactly.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: This warranty is subject to the following additional conditions:
Warranty extends only to the record owner of the job property as of the time the work is completed. The warranty is not transferable and is null and void if property is sold.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. The following items shall not be covered under this warranty: (1) Sinks, floors, and tubs with pre-existing rust or corrosion, (2) chip repairs, (3) any damage caused by direct impact from an object which causes the refinished surface to chip or crack, (4) failure of adhesion of the primer or finish coat on wall tile or grout lines (due to recessed grout lines), (5) all refinished products/surfaces in commercial or rental properties. In addition, stains caused by hair dyes, chemicals or rust, and any attempt by the Customer to remove or repair these stains are not covered by this Warranty and are subject to repair charge.
7. Maintenance. REFINISHED SURFACES NEED TO CURE FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE REMOVING THE MASKING. Customer is responsible for following the maintenance and care instructions listed in this Agreement and on the receipt including, but not limited to, maintaining caulking where a refinished tub meets tile walls and repairing leaking/dripping faucets. Any damage caused by direct impact from an object which causes the refinished surface to chip or crack, either accidentally or intentionally, is subject to repair charges. DO NOT use bath mats with suction cups on the surface. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners (SOS pads, Comet, Soft Scrub) to clean the surface. DO NOT bathe animals in or on the surface, as their claws may scratch or chip surface.
8. Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
What is your pricing?
The price depends on the area and surface that requires reglazing, the cost can vary anywhere from $275 to $2000, for more details and an exact quote, please give us a call.
Do you provide caulking for my tub or tile?
We offer to caulk your bathtub or tile for a small charge $50. Please keep in mind that caulking wears out and often touch ups are necessary after an extended period, which then will be the customer’s responsibility.
Do I have to prepare the tub/tile before the bathtub refinishing appointment?
Prior cleaning of the service area is appreciated but not mandatory. Our technicians will clean the surface thoroughly to prepare the tub/tile for the reglazing.
Is it necessary to remove the overflow valve or any fixtures before the reglazing service?
No need for the removal of any fixtures or overflow valve, as part of the process, we cover and protect (‘mask’) any area that could be in contact with our reglazing products.
How much time does it take to refinish a bathtub?
On average, it takes about 3-6 hours to refinish a bathtub, but if the tiles around the tub need refinishing, it can take up to 4-8 hours. Please keep in mind that depending on the job this time may vary, especially if extra preparation time is spent on old paint removal.
How long does the bathtub refinishing last?
With proper care, the reglazed bathtub can last for 15-20 years.
Will reglazing of the bathtub make it look as it had been painted?
No, we use HVLP sprayer that makes our finished work look just like a new tub – smooth and shiny, similar to automotive finishes.
Should I use a bath mat?
No, please do not use a bath mat on any refinished surface as it will damage the area. As an alternative, we offer slip-free finish for the bottom of the bathtub.
My bathtub needs a little fixing, can you assist me with that?
We will try our best to fix any cracks and chips that need repairing as our technicians are fully trained to do so, depending on the damage we cannot guarantee a seamless result. For optimal results, please address any specific issues ahead of time.
Do I have to leave my household for bathtub refinishing?
No, please feel free to be present during the refinishing process. Even though we use harsh chemicals, we also provide heavy duty air systems that ventilate the fumes, so none of the smells spread throughout the house.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept cash and check payments, if you would like to pay by credit card, then 3% processing fee will be added to the total amount.
What are your color options?
We have a variety of colors we can provide. The ones we always have in stock are the most popular colors, for example, Kohler biscuit, pure white and off white.
Can I use my bathtub right after refinishing or do I have to wait?
Regularly, both the tub and tile area needs 24 hours after the reglazing to be fully completed. If needed, for an extra cost we can have the bathtub ready for immediate use.
How do I prepare for the reglazing service?
We do not ask our customers to do anything before our service, but we do appreciate if you could put away any loose object, such as toothbrushes, soap, shower curtains, etc.
How do I clean my bathtub?
We recommend the following cleaning agents: Dawn dishwashing liquid, Formula 409 and Simple Green. Do not use any cleaning product that has bleach or is in any way abrasive; this will damage the tub.
Should I use a scrubbing pad to clean the tub?
Do not use any scrubbing pad or other abrasive products; this will damage the bathtub. If taken care of regularly with the above-mentioned products then no abrasive products are needed.
Do I have to pay extra for old paint removal?
Yes, we charge extra to remove old paint. We do have ongoing discounts for paint removal for previously refinished bathtubs, feel free to ask about them before receiving your quote.
My faucet leaks/drips, should I get it fixed before bathtub refinishing?
We can perform tub reglazing with a leaky faucet by using funnel system to catch the dripping. However, we recommend you to take care of the leakage ahead of time as after a while this will show visible damage on your newly reglazed tub.
How do I remove surface dust after my tub was reglazed?
Often, surface dust will be left behind and is unavoidable as every room has some amount of dust, and we also carry it on our clothes. Do not try to remove or pick at it, the surface dust will wash or fall off in time, and some will settle into the surface.
How do I recognize if my tub has been refinished before?
If the top layer of your tub starts peeling, then it has been refinished before. On the contrary, porcelain, cast iron, and fiberglass tubs only loose their smooth surface, stain and maybe begin to rust.
Do not see the answer to your question? Contact us on 323-388-4855 or [email protected]
CE Bathtub Refinishing ℠ is servicemark operated by Calamus Enterprises Llc. Calamus Enterprises Llc is not responsible any damages (health and property) caused by the service. All services rendered hereunder shall be provided in accordance with all ordinances, resolutions, statutes, rules, and regulations of ATN and any Federal, MD State or local governmental agency having jurisdiction in effect at the time service is rendered.